We offer different options for you to enjoy Cappadocian landscape from air. Cappadocia is one of the best places in the world to go up in a hot air balloon. The mornings here are beautiful with barely any breeze, so the flights are always safe and enjoyable. You will greet the glorious sunrise floating over the valleys and fairy chimneys. This will be an absolutely unforgettable experience.
Balloon Flight Info Pick-up & Pre-Flight: Pick-up and drop-off from Cappadocia hotels are included in the Hot Air Balloon flights. Pick-up time will depend on at what time the sun rises.
For example; you will be picked up from your hotel around 04:30-05:00 at spring and summer times while you will be picked-up around 06:00 in winter. After pick-up you will arrive to hot air balloon landing site. Here you will have open buffet snacks and tea/coffee service while watching the balloons float.
This is a perfect opportunity for those you like to take photos! Next the flight crew will assist you to get on the hot air balloon basket and your FAA Certified Pilot will give a informative brief about the flight. All of the pilots and balloons we offer; are fully certified by the Federal Aviation Administration.
Love Valley and Balloon Tours
Take-Off & Flight: The take-off is quite gentle many people don’t realize when it happens exactly. The hot air balloons will take-off at sunrise. First the balloons will rise approximately 1000 feet so we can witness the beautiful sunrise over the magical valleys of Cappadocia. You will discover the extraordinary views of Cappadocia from a birds eye view. Next the balloon will descend which will give you opportunity to see the beautiful fairy chimneys and valleys from a closer point of view and this is great for photo shoots aswell!
The Landing: The landing of a hot air balloon flight is always celebrated with a traditional champagne toast. You will also get a certification for attending the flight. After the celebration you will be dropped off to your hotel around 07:30 – 08:00 according to the flight time.
Uchisar Castle and Cappadocia Balloon Tours
Frequently Asked Questions
– Do we have to fly so early? The best weather conditions are usually at this time. Usually the wind is not very strong at early mornings and there are no thermals. Plus it’s a wonderful view to watch the sunrise from a hot air balloon!
– What do you have to wear? The weather can be a little chilly at early morning and quite cold in winter time. But as the sun goes up it will get warmer. So it’s best to wear in layers. Warm and long trousers, t-shirt and long sleeve pullover or sweatshirts, and suitable footwear for an outdoor will be best options to wear. In winter or early spring times it’s best to bring a coat with you.
– Where the balloons take off from? The take-off site can change according to the direction and the speed of the wind. But you can be sure that whereever the balloons may take-off from you will still be able to see the the most charming valleys and most beautiful views of Cappadocia.
– How High the balloons go? Again this depends on the wind. If the weather is calm the balloons can go up to 1000 feet. And sometimes can go as low as you can pick fruits from the trees.
– Can you bring your children? The hot air balloons can accept children over 7 years old children but unfortunately not younger than that. And please note that pregnant women also not allowed at the balloon.
– Can you fly with Hot Air Balloon in winter time? Yes, hot air balloons are operating all year long but from October to March, there may be more cancellations due to weather conditions.
– When does a flight will be cancelled? Basically the important point here is the velocity of the wind. Again if the rain is very heavy or there is fog the flight may be cancelled. To be able to take off safely the wind has to be less than 10 knots. If you have couple of days in the region you can try to fly the next mornings. But if you don’t have time or don’t want to try again, you will receive a full refund if we have to cancel your flight.